Make sure the FROST MO2 profile is active before proceeding!
The titles on this guide are also links that you can click on to get to the mods.
If you need help with this step, you can also watch this video.
- Extends the scripting capabilities of the game
- Click the topmost download link next to Fallout 4 runtime 1.10.163 - build: 0.6.23
- Extract the contents of the f4se_0_06_23 folder from the downloaded archive to the game’s Root folder
- Make sure you are extracting all of the files inside of the f4se_0_06_23 folder, not just the folder itself.
If you do not know what the Root folder is, read the Key Terminology section from the Initial Setup page.
In order for the script extender to work, you need to launch the game using the f4se_loader.exe file. It will automatically be added to Mod Organizer 2 upon restarting it. It should look like this:
- Allows F4SE plugins to be loaded before the game initializes
- Download the Main File - xSE PluginPreloader F4 0.2.5.1 using the Manual Download button
- From the download archive, extract the two files to the game’s Root folder
- Resource required for other F4SE plugins
- Main File - Address Library 126.96.36.199
If you do not know what these instructions mean, or how to install mods with MO2, read the Mod Installation Advice section from the MO2 page again!
After installing with a mod with MO2, make sure you check the box next to it in the left pane of MO2 to enable it
- Fixes numerous engine bugs and scripts, and also provides helpful crash logs when you game crashes.
- Download and install the Main File - Buffout 4 1.26.2 normally through MO2
- If you encounter problems with Buffout 4, check out this article
Without the Microsoft VC++ 2015-2022 (x86 and x64 versions) which was mentioned in the requirements section of the guide, Buffout 4 and the xSE Preloader will not work properly. Make sure that you’ve installed it!
- Allows for playing at framerates over 60, mitigates stutter, and reduces load times
- Download and install the Main File - High FPS Physics Fix 0.8.4-5 normally through MO2
- Once the mod has been installed, double-click on it in the left pane of MO2
- In the INI-Files tab, select
- Change the following options:
- Set DisableBlackLoadingScreens= to true (line 37)
- Set DisableAnimationOnLoadingScreens= to true (line 44)
REMINDER: You need to run the game through the F4SE option in Mod Organizer 2 from now on, NOT the Fallout 4 option. You may need to restart MO2 for the option to appear. If that is not the case, you can manually add or select it in MO2.