The purpose of this Basic Guide is to tell you what mods are absolutely needed to play FROST, how to install them, and what you need to do to make a properly workign load order for FROST.
Installing this setup takes less then 5 minutes (without including Download Time).
This guide doesn’t tell you how to install general Fallout 4 bug fixes related to engine problems!
- MO2 or Vortex are installed to handle your mods for Fallout 4
- Only one mod manager manages Fallout 4 on your PC
- You know what a load order is and how to sort it
- Fallout 4 is not installed in the
Program Filesdirectory of Windows
- Loose Files are enabled (Vortex automatically does this, MO2 does not)
- F4SE is installed
- You always start the game with F4SE through your mod manager
- Buffout 4 is installed
- The Mod Configuration Menu mod is installed
- The mentioned mods are very essential for Fallout 4 modding!
You can not skip a single mod from the Basic Guide! Read everything carefully!
Mod Installation Advice
When the guide says to install a mod, it will be formatted as follows: Main File - Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch 2.1.2b. This is referring to the mod’s category on Nexus, the file name, and the file version. I will leave the file version out in many cases, in that case just download the newest version of the mod.